June 2026 Updates!

   

Caught Greyson Lacking

Me and Claire's 3 year anniversary!

Got to celebrate my friend Lauren's wedding

Staff Planning day 

Breakfast hang w/ students 

Bonus fish pic (ft. Asher)!

Bonus bonus fish pic!

Bonus bonus bonus fish pic!

Hey y'all!

Summer baby! Things definitely slow down a little compared to the school year, but that doesn’t mean ministry completely stops. For the students who are still around the DFW area, summer is actually a really great time to keep investing in those relationships.
Sometimes that looks like phone calls or playing games together online, but one-on-one time is really where it’s at. I love getting extra time with the students who choose to stick around Denton for the summer. With fewer events and less of the normal school-year busyness, there’s a lot more room to just hang out, talk about life, and continue building deeper friendships.
We also had our staff end-of-year party, where we got to celebrate all the good news from the year and look back on everything God did through the hard work and effort of our staff. It’s always encouraging to stop for a little bit and remember just how much happened over the course of the school year.
Summer is also when we have our staff planning days. These are long days that start early and end late, but they’re really important. We spend a lot of time planning evangelism events for the upcoming school year, talking through what worked well the previous year, what we want to change, and how we can do an even better job of reaching students and showing them who God is. It’s a lot of planning, but it also gets me really excited for what the next school year is going to bring.
Outside of ministry, I also got to celebrate some really special people this month. I got to go to my friend Lauren’s wedding, and I seriously love this picture so much! She is such a dear friend, and I’m incredibly grateful that she and her family have also chosen to support me and the ministry I get to do.
Last, but certainly not least, I got to celebrate my anniversary with my beautiful wife, Claire. I’m so blessed to have someone who is so supportive of the work I do and genuinely believes in the mission of FOCUS. She jokes that she wants me to work for FOCUS forever, and having a wife who is that encouraging and supportive means more to me than I can say. I really can’t imagine having a better person beside me through all of this.


Prayer Requests for June:

  • To connect with students 
  • For students to reach out even if they feel far away from community 
  • Staff planning days 

Remember, God loves you very very much and He has a special plan just for you. Go in the grace of God!




Comments

Popular Posts